Monday, April 05, 2010

Insights and Tips for Shopping in Sale Event

As a dedicated sale hopper (hehehe), I could be in most of sale events happening in Jakarta.

Lately, I went to Branded Sale in Bapindo. This event was held for 4 days (29 mar - 1 Apr 2010) from 10am - 9pm at Bapindo Assembly Hall. I went there on the second day (after office hour) and already anticipated full crowds, but lucky me...cause you could consider the place quite "deserted" and I only que for 5 minutes at the cashier. While earlier that day and the day before, people has been tweetting for the worst kind of sale situation.

Well, since it's a past event but more likely to be held again in near future, so I wanna share some insights and tips that might ease your shopping spree:

  1. Based on few personal experiences, these kind of sale usually held in an office building or within the business district like Sudirman. Normally, people would come during lunch break or around lunch time. So, the busiest and most crowded time would be around 11am - 3pm. If you can, try to come after office hour because most people would prefer to go home to their family or have other activities. So, on several occasions, this method always works for me.
  2. Come with company, 2 or 3 people at least. So, you could have second opinion on the things that you wanna buy and most importantly you could have someone to help you to stand in Cashier's que line and minimize your waiting period (in peak hours).
  3. You also need to know about few basic things, like: brands that participate in the event, discount amount, promos from any credit cards (you could get additional discount), and of course the time and place of the event. Once you know the brands that participated, you could minimize the "hunting" process and time you spend for being clueless.
  4. Let's not get too focus on certain brand or area, for example: If I wanna find cute cloths for my daughter in GAP Kids, so I will try to find something cute in those cloths pile but only on the surface level cause I don't wanna waste my time and energy to dig into the pile, so I just let people do it for me. Then, after few searches and findings, I leave the cloths pile and I wonder around to other brands to do the same thing. Then, I will come back again to my favorite pile and search for more. I keep on doing this and it's proven to be a success. Well, if it's meant to be then it's meant to be....you'll just find your pretty cloths like it was destine to be yours.
  5. If you find cloths that you like but you're still unsure about it, just put it in your plastic bag and worry about those later. Just collect as many cloths as you like and then decide what you're gonna buy right before going to the cashier.
  6. Final step, now this is the hardest part (at least for me). After collecting those beautiful cloths with bargained prices, you have to decide which ones that you're gonna buy (or will you buy it all?). Like I've mentioned in my previous blog, you have to consider about the cost and worth for your purchase. So, consider the pros and cons for every piece of cloth you found. Consider the color (can you mix and match it), consider the model (will it suits you perfectly), consider the discounted price (is it worth it), then put your existing collection at home into the equation, mix and match it between the cloths that you wanna buy and cloths that you already have. After that, you could eliminate few items, then you're ready to pay.
Well, i hope my insights could help you on the next sale event in Jakarta. See you among the crowds...


Happy hopping shopper...

Cheers,
MissCandyBar
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment