Friday, April 02, 2010

The Apartment - Restaurant Review

Where can we get good company, delicious meal, and a comfort like in your own home? It's the hippiest new place in J-Town, The Apartment Restaurant, can give you all the above.

I know the place from a friend of mine, she said that this place is the talk of the town. So, I wanna know what so special about this new restaurant. I checked few forums and read visitors comments about the restaurant, some are good and other aren't. All those review make me even more curious to try it my self.

I wanna avoid the weekend rush so I decided to come during weekdays. The place looks exactly like what I've seen online and I immediately feel like home. I asked for a grand tour of the restaurant before I choose which room I wanna be in. They have libraries, Bathroom (the only non-smoking area), bedroom, kitchen/pantry, living room, terrace, and bar. After seeing all the rooms, I chose living room. Each room offers the same comfort, the same homey atmosphere and full of cozy sofas/chairs.

Do you ever feel that sometime it's hard to have a good conversation when you're in a restaurant because the background music is too loud? So you end up screaming to each other. Well, this is one of the reason why I love The Apartment, they play an easy listening jazzy music in the background and the volume is very friendly to your ear. I always thought that music will help set your mood or ambiance and I think The Apartment did a fantastic job for considering this into their homey concept of a restaurant.

I ordered Pizza (forget the name but it must be a pizza with meat topping), hot earl grey tea, and chocolate lava for desert on my first visit. Frankly, I didn't expect much from the meal taste because I didn't want to end up disappointed. Boy oh Boy...was I wrong. The thin crispy pizza crust combine with peperoni made a great combination and it was delicious. Then my chocolate lava came, they serve it a bit different from other restaurant, they separate the ice cream and brownie cake apart, this make the ice cream last longer and you will have hot chocolate and cold vanilla ice cream in your mouth to the very last bite....it's the best chocolate lava I've ever had.

Note:
Hot tea is worth IDR 20k (you could ask for 1 time refill only)
Pizza is worth IDR 98k (8 slices of pizza)
Chocolate lava is worth IDR 58k

They made me craving for more of their delicious meal, so I came back for second round. This time I ordered Calamari Fritter for appetizer, Gracia Tower Lasagna (one of their signature) and black burger (one of their signature also) for main course, then I order for another round of chocolate lava for desert (it's my favorite desert, so I must try it in every restaurant I visited). However, only the black burger and calamari fritter that pass my test, maybe because the lasagna taste is too sour for me. But I extremely recommend you to try the black burger, it's very yummy. They called it black burger because they made a special burger bun colored black, I'm worried about the taste at first cause I don't know whether the black color will effect the bun taste. But my oh my....they proof me wrong again. The black burger bun is even better than original burger bun, the meat is so thick, the veggies are so fresh, it just perfect. The Calamari fritter also a must try meal, they served it in big sizes cuts of calamari but it still crispy, have it with chili sauce and mayo...hhmmm....heaven on earth.

Note:
Calamari Fritters is worth IDR 55k
Black Burger is worth IDR 78k
Gracia Tower Lasagna is worth IDR 98k
Hot chocolate is worth IDR 25k (no refill)

Now I understand why this new restaurant become the talk of the town. I recommend you to come and try it yourself. Not only will you have delicious meal but also comfortableness like in your own home. You better make reservation prior to your visit especially during weekends cause the place is packed.

Restaurant information:
The Apartment
Menara Gracia Ground Floor
Jl. HR Rasuna Said Kav c-17
T : +6221 520 0380
F : +6221 522 0939
(It's right after Australian Embassy and before MMC Hospital)

Business hour:
Sun - Thu : 8.30 am - 12 am
Fri - Sat : 8.30 am - 2 am

Also check this official websites of The Apartment to see pictures of whole restaurant and check for new promo:
www.culinaryconcepts.asia/theapartment/


Happy eating homey....

Cheers,
MissCandyBar
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment