Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Shopaholic Series by Sophie Kinsella - Book Review


This book is an inspiration for me, not as an inspiration to become a shopaholic but it meant so much more for me.

I learned a lot from this fictional book, how to value your life and all the people in it, how to value your parents (no matter how weird or annoying they can be sometime), and most importantly how to value your money and the things you buy.

One thing that stuck in my mind every time I want to make a purchase, I always consider between the cost and worth of the product. For example, If I want to buy a killer dress which I know that everyone will admire and I would feel extra confident and extra sexy in them, thou the dress would cost me a lot. But I could wear this in bunch of different occasions and I know this dress would last a lifetime with me. Then my friend, it's completely worth the cost.

Other example, let say that you found a beautiful shoes with 9cm heels and you fall in love with it and you just have to have it no matter how much it cost you. But turns out, this shoes are killing your feet every time you wear them. In the end, no matter how beautiful and expensive they are, you just give up wearing them. Well my friend, I'm sorry to say but this is just an example of cost and not at all worth.

At first, I thought that this character of Rebecca Bloomwood is so shallow and kinda stupid. But after reading the whole series, Sophie Kinsella keep proofing to her reader, how smart and wonderful Rebecca Bloomwood really is. And after finishing the series, I've kept missing Rebecca in my life. Such a inspirational woman.

If you love to shop and you love to read especially romantic comedy story, then I'm sure that you're gonna love this book.

It's available on the following sequence:
  1. Confession of a shopaholic (first publish in 2000)
  2. Shopaholic Takes Manhattan, also known as Shopaholic Aboard (first publish in 2001)
  3. Shopaholic Ties the Knot (first publish in 2002)
  4. Shopaholic and Sister (first publish in 2004)
  5. Shopaholic and Baby (first publish in 2007)
Since I only read novels in English, so I bought these books in Aksara Bookstore (cause it's cheaper in Aksara rather than other import bookstore). The price per book is between IDR 88k - 110k (depends on which store you buy them from).

Hopefully, these books could be more than just a book for you.

You could check this site to know more about Sophie Kinsella's books
www.sophiekinsella.co.uk


Happy reading shopaholics...

Cheers,
MissCandyBar
=)




1 comment:

  1. Must be an enjoyable read Shopaholic & Baby by Sophie Kinsella. loved the way you wrote it. I find your review very genuine and orignal, this book is going in by "to read" list.

    ReplyDelete