Monday, March 29, 2010

Hongkong - The City of My Dream (Part 3)

So, what do you think about Hongkong so far? Pretty cool place isn't it? Well, let us continue our journey in The City of My Dream.

In this blog entry, I will tell you the places within the same area and maybe you could visit all the places within the same day. Today we will visit Kowloon.

Hongkong Space Museum

It's very easy to find, just took a MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui station exit E, then walk towards Salisbury Road, turn right to take a pedestrian tunnel next to YMCA and voila...you'll found Hongkong Space Museum. The building is an egg-shape dome and it has a great view at night with all the lights. You could sit on the park outside the museum and enjoy the view. I went here to watch a Sky Show movie in the Stanley Ho Space Theater. It's kinda like a planetarium in TIM - Jakarta, I really miss catching a show in Jakarta's planetarium (last time I went to the planetarium was ages ago) and I just wonder. So, I bought the ticket for HK$ 32/person and watch the show on 5 pm. There are 2 halls inside the museum which show facts and information about space; Hall of Space Science and the Hall of Astronomy. They also have a gift shop if you want to buy some souvenirs for people back home. One more thing, if you visit this museum, try to come in the evening so you could see the spectacular view of Peninsula Hotel right in front of the museum. It's just magnificent.

Avenue of Stars and Symphony of Lights
Do you know the Walk of Fame in Hollywood? Well, the avenue of stars it's like that but it's located in a harbor where you could enjoy the view of Hongkong Island and its sky scrape buildings. If you co
uld, try to come before 8 pm and find a good spot to sit because in exactly 8 pm every night the Symphony of Lights begins. There are about 20 - 30 buildings in Hongkong Island and Kowloon participate in it, so it's about combining classical music and lights show. I can't even found a proper way to describe it. It's simply amazing. You could also come here during the day, they have plenty of street artists who could draw pictures of you and photographers to take your photos then print it on a plate and many other things to do.

Clock Tower

Nothing really special about it actually (at least for me), it just happen that it's located near the avenue of stars and on the way to Hard Rock Cafe Kowloon. So, I stop by for few
minutes after my short trip to Hard Rock Cafe Kowloon. They say that people likes to do Tai Chi on almost every morning, if you like to see real Tai Chi "action".

After visiting these places, you may wonder and already want to do some shopping in Hongkong. Well, my shopping experience in Hongkong is rather limited (like I mentioned in previous blog, I came to Hongkong not to shop but to explore). But I do know 2 great places where you could shop ladies...

Ladies Market
Took a MTR to Mong Kok station then took exit E2. Once you hit the streets, you'll soon discover those streets which offer endless rows of things to buy. You will find cloths, bags, shoes also cheap electronics and cheap sneakers. It's a hustle to shop here, you will need to bargain with sellers who speaks very limited English and you will end up using a calculator to mention the bargained price. One time, a seller even throws me a calculator cause what I asked for is too cheap, Hahaha...then I ran away without saying anything else. You don't have to worry cause other shops also sell similar things, this way you will be able to find the cheapest store. I love the hustle, I love being thrown at, I love the shopper crowds, I love finding strange things. The experience was priceless.

Causeway Bay
I stayed in Causeway Bay area in Hongkong Island, it's like the Harajuku of Hongkong. I love seeing the youngster here, everyone is so stylish and Hip with the latest fashion trend. There are expensive and not so expensive boutiques, malls and choices of restaurants. Just took a MTR to Causeway Bay station, then explore...every road, every corner and every building offers great, unique and one-of-a-kind thing. I made a right choice to stay in Causeway Bay, this way I could have the chance to explore every night before going back to my apartment.

Writing this blog makes me miss Hongkong so much...I hope to visit again...soon! I still have few places to share, so let's continue it in part 4.

See this site if you need information;
www.avenueofstars.com.hk

Happy Sightseeing Travelers...


Cheers,
MissCandyBar
=)





1 comment:

  1. Symphony of Lights…Sounds good and I will check this place during my holiday in Hong Kong.

    ReplyDelete