Friday, March 26, 2010

Zouk Singapore - Club Review


I'm always curious about Zouk Club in Singapore, not the Zouk Out rave party which always been held every end of year in Sentosa Island but the actual club. It should be a great place for clubbing since it's on number 13 of the Top 100 clubs in the world (based on DJMags).

This club was in my to-do-list for a while but something always comes up every time I'm in Singapore and it got postponed again and again. So, each time the curiosity grew bigger. Then I finally decided that it's time, no matter what happen.

One day, out of impulse, I plan a trip to Singapore and set a date on my planner for it (after checking Zouk calender event of course).

I gathered bits of information from the internet. I searched for their location, marked it on my map. I checked few forums for other fellow clubbers insights. I looked for their admission fee. I still planned for every detail even though it was an impulsive trip. (Well that's what I do, get things organized). Within 2 days, I'm all set and ready to hit the dance floor.

What's unique about this club is Zouk actually divided into 4 segmented rooms inside, based on type of music that they play. Each room has their own signature theme, noticed this from their interior and atmosphere inside.

First one is Zouk (of course), they play world's freshest dance music, from house to garage, from techno to progressive. The club interior is nothing like I've ever seen before, simply jaws dropper right from the entrance area, the walls inside Zouk have an icy-like of an Eskimo Igloo, they have laser lights all over the place, they have fog machines, they have podiums where you could dance on and they have the best crowds compare to other rooms. But IMHO, the dance floor space is rather small for a club with such a reputation but the laser and fog machine boost up the points for me (since I'm a laser freak). I just love dancing front and center with laser lights hit my eyes, bring the whole dance to another level of a state of mind.

Second is Phuture, they play breakbeat music like RnB and HipHop. This was the fullest, hippiest, and most energetic rooms in Zouk on the night I visited. The crowds was insane, they dance and they sing, they jump and they scream, crazy crazy people. (I love this room the most).

Third is The Velvet Underground, this rooms actually has its own entrance, a thick velvet walls and lounge-like interior. They play a jazzy, Brazilian, Afro-Funk kinda music, not exactly my kinda music. I didn't stay long here at Velvet, just didn't feel the club's excitement.

Last is Wine Bar, this is the only room that doesn't have an admission fee (I get on the admission fee later on). They play more down beat music, set indoor and outdoor. People usually hang out here before they hit the other rooms.

Okay, let's talk money. Each room has its own admission fee (except for Wine Bar), fee is also different for Men and Ladies, fee is included 2 regular drinks e.g vodka tonic, tequila, wine, etc. Here's the list of fee:
  • Zouk : S$ 18 until 10pm, then after 10pm Men S$ 30, Ladies S$ 25
  • Phuture : Men S$ 33, Ladies S$ 25 (incl. entry to Zouk)
  • Velvet Underground : Men S$ 35 , Ladies S$ 25 (incl. entry to Zouk and Phuture, subject to capasity)
A little tip from me, enter Zouk from Velvet Underground cause its admission fee is valid as all rooms pass, this way you will only pay for about $25-35 to enjoy all rooms. Please note that the above admission fees are subject to change at anytime, look for these info on their website.

For you drinkers, the liqueur price per glass is quite cheap compare to drinks in Jakarta, it's only S$ 11-13/glass for regular drinks like tequila, vodka orange, cosmopolitan, margarita, etc.

For you smokers, like most clubs abroad, Zouk doesn't allow their guests to smoke inside the club, they provide a smoking area outside.

Well, bottom line, I loooovveee this Club! Not only that I danced and had fun but I also met a lot of interesting people from all over the world (Austria, New York - US, Shanghai, etc). Like Zouk motto : One world, One music, One tribe, One dance. Greatest clubbing experience ever!

I really wish you have as much fun as I did. Try to check their calender event before you decided to go, check the guest DJ, check the admission fee too, just visit:
www.zoukclub.com


Happy dancing Clubbers....

Cheers,
MissCandyBar
=)






8 comments:

  1. I'll be at SIngapore on this Christmas. And I'm just so enthusiastic to go there to ZOUK. I've browse many articles about ZOUK. Well, I think you're from Indonesia, right?
    So, what I would like to ask you is, do we have to be on a queue for the tickets? What time will be the best time to get in? Thanks loads...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Farida,

    Well, If you want to pay less for the ticket then I suggest you should come before 10pm but the crowd is sort of dead around that time. So, I think that it's best to come around 11-12pm, there will be (little) queue surely but it won't take you long. Just come through Velvet Underground (like I've mentioned in my article) and you'll have all-pass ticket to other rooms.

    Have fun ya! Hope you had a blast there =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, cool... I think 11-12 pm is okay, I don't care 'bout the charge haha... Thanks loads for your suggestion, MissCandyBar...
    Can't wait to be there hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  4. can i wear short pants?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess you could, cause I don't think they have dress code there...

    ReplyDelete
  6. im gonna be there tonight. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing. I had visited this club with my college friends, I liked it very much. And also like one more thing of this club that is tequila. Now you can buy best beer online free delivery in Singapore.

    ReplyDelete