Tuesday, August 03, 2010

La Collina - Restaurant Review

Who would've thought that we can have some sort of little vacation just by going to the outskirt of Jakarta, just 45km away to be exact.

On that fine day few weeks ago, I had to go to a meeting in Karawang an
d I practically dragged my ass down there, right in the middle of nowhere. Oow well, sometime you gotta do what you gotta do. I was starving after my meeting and desperately looking for something to eat, at this point, any kind of food will do just fine. Then, I remembered passing by San Diego Hills right after I exited the highway and definitely saw a restaurant banner. So, without further ado, I went straight to that so called cemetery.

I easily found the restaurant and
surprisingly shocked to see the place. It was nothing like I ever imagined. Well okay, I knew that San Diego Hills is the most expensive and the best cemetery in Indonesia. But after seeing the place with my own eyes, it's definitely nothing like a cemetery!

I landed in La Collina, an Italian Restaurant. I was starving for sure but I immediately forget all about my craving for food and went straight to observed the whole place. Somehow, it made me feel like I was somewhere out of the country, maybe the landscape, the ambiance, the pool, etc gave away that impression.

After few minutes of photo session, I ordered spaghetti aglio olio and shirley temple to wash it down. Truthfully, I did
n't expect the taste would be delicious but I was wrong cause it's one of the great meal that I ever tasted.

Okay, I know how ridiculous it may sound if I suggest you to come all the way here just to try out the restaurant which located inside a cemetery no less. I'm just saying that it could be an option for you if you wanna get away from the hectic of Jakarta or maybe if you're on your way out of town to Bandung per se. Anyways, sto
p by and try it out. Who knows, maybe it could bring the same joy to you as it did to me.







Come to La Collina Restaurant:
Exit Karawang Barat 2,

T : (0267) 845 3332
Open 8am - 5pm (daily)


Check this website to have a better view of the place:
www.sandiegohills.co.id


Happy dining explorer.

Cheers,
MissCandyBar
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment