Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Kitchenette - Restaurant Review

My husband and I have been so curious to try this not-so-new resto, every time we passed it by the curiosity grew and we passed it a lot since we're always around Plaza Indonesia every weekend. But there's something about the place or the atmosphere that just don't feel right.

One night, we finally caved in to our curiosity and decided to give it a try. It was packed, as always, but the waiting list was friendly and we merely wait for 5 minutes before we're shown to our table. I instantly feel even more uncomfortable sitting in the restaurant than I was when we were just passing by. I think that it's because of the open-room concept in the middle of a shopping mall, with lots of people walking by all around us, the crowded que line out front and the fact that the space it self are very minimum, thus making me feel like suffocated. Basically I don't like being in a crowded place, it always makes me gasp for air to breath.

I ordered a simple meal, Spaghetti Aglio Olio with chicken. I always try out the p
asta from every new restaurant and eventually became the benchmark for my food review. This aglio olio definitely didn't pass my test. Then my husband ordered the house specialty; galettes named Louis Bundle. This one is quite okay, worth to try.

Note:
Spaghetti aglio olio is worth IDR 45k
Louis Bundle package (incl. salad of the day and coke) is worth IDR 75k

I didn't spend too much time here since the que line out front was growing by the minute. So, it feels like we were rush out to finish our meal.


Well, maybe it's just me who didn't like the ambiance, the rushing, the crowd and other things. So, if you're interested to try out the place, then I definitely recommend the Louis Bundle.


Come and prove it yourself at
Plaza Indonesia level 1
Jl. MH Thamrin


Happy rushing eaters

Cheers,
MissCandyBar
=)

1 comment:

  1. i havent tried it as well cause im always skeptical with the massive queue!

    ReplyDelete