Tuesday, August 03, 2010

The Cutest Birthday Cake Ever - Icip2 Di Dapur Review

My daughter just had her birthday a couple of months ago. As a typical OCD person, I made all the arrangements 2 months prior to her birthday. I wasn't planning to have a birthday party for her this year, just a simple family dinner and of course a nice cake would be mandatory for the occasion. The dinner part would be easy, I just have to call our favorite restaurant and made reservation. The cake part however, that's gonna be a bit tricky.

Lucky for me, a good friend of mine was throwing her daughter a 1st birthday party at the time. So I asked for her help on the cake matter. Voila....she gave me a couple of vendors for it. I was back on track and kept on planning. I researched on both vendors, I browsed their websites, I looked at every single one of the cake that they ever created and posted, then eventually chose one, I chose Icip2 di Dapur.


The cakes were exactly what I had in mind, it were the kind of cake that I wanted to have for my daughter's birthday. I fell in love.

Now came the second hardest thing to do which is to chose the type of decorat
ion for the cake. It supposedly easy but the level of cuteness of each and every one of those cakes is making me hard to chose. I spent 2 weeks to finally able to chose.

I contacted Ria, the cake creator, to order the cake and to secure her availability in making my cake. She was very helpful, very informative and very friendly right from the start. She's very patience dealing with crazy mother like me, hehe. She understood and accepted my detailed request which I appreciated it very much. She's great!

I waited patiently for the cake to arrive, well okay...maybe not so patience cause I ordered the cake a month before D-Day. Finally, the waiting and anticipation could cease to an end. The cake arrived safe and sound exactly 1 day before my daughter's birthda
y (as per my request) and exactly on the hour of arrival estimation given by Ria. I value punctuality since it's a rare commodity to find in our beloved city Jakarta and Ria has proven her business once more. Bravo!

I opened the box and gasped a little...there it was...the cutest birthday cake ever! I love it!

I looked forward to see my daughter's reaction when she see the cake, would she recognize the character? Would she love it? Well, I made the cake with Barney figurine because it's her favorite and maybe the only character she loves
. So, it has to be Barney, as simple as that.

On the morning of her birthday, we gathered up in our living room and open the box for her to see, then she immediately screamed "Biiiiii" (It's her nickname for barney). She kept on touching the cake, especially Barney figurine and I could tell that she loved it too....(I'm glad).


Dear friends, I know what it feels for wanting a perfect cake to complete your perfect event. We all done our share of confusion, stress, and maybe a little panic. Well, I'm happy to tell you that those days are over. You could have any type of cake you wanted, play with your imagination and share it with Ria who I'm sure would bring those imagination to life.

Check her website and order her cake for your next event:
www.icip2didapur.blogspot.com


Happy creating party-planner.

Cheers,
MissCandyBar
=)

1 comment:

  1. Dear Riska,

    Terharu baca review mu ini.
    Alhamdulillah sudah berkenan dg cake nya... ngebayangin ekspresi Mika saat liat Biii nya ... bikin aku happy :)

    Terima kasih Ris... untuk ordernya, review & apresiasinya.

    Sukses buat Riska.
    keep up date your blog ya...sangat bermanfaat !


    Regards,

    ria

    ReplyDelete