Thursday, May 13, 2010

By the Beach - Restaurant Review



I've been walking pass through this restaurant for a few times in the last couple of weeks, I was getting more curious each time and I promised to my self to try it out. I imagined my self sitting on one of those chairs by the window in one afternoon and writing an article about the place.

So, I came during weekends cause that's the only free time I have in the afternoon. The place was already packed by the time I get there which shows a good sign, the food must have taste good. It's considered as a good crowd for such relatively new place like this. But my mood wasn't right ever since I walked in, not only I didn't get m
y spot by the window but they gave my requested spot to other customer even though I already specifically requested the spot 3 times. My mood was ruin instantly and decided to write the article some other time.

They do have a cool decor inside and outside. It look like a typical restaurant that you might find by the beach somewhere, but....what makes it different, this restaurant was in a middle of a shopping mall in Jakarta and they even have few palm trees inside the restaurant (fake ones of course). Well, I admit....the place do have cozy atmosphere, lots of lights (during day time), and comfortable sofas and chairs.

They offer seafood based menu selections from fishes, praw
ns, calamaris, and even sea shells. I ordered prawns with mayonnaise, grilled "ikan sebelah" with Jimbaran sauce, By the Beach Iced tea and Mango mint Iced tea. I love the prawns the most but everything was delicious, even the iced tea. They have ordinary iced tea and By the Beach iced tea as their signature, it was ordinary iced tea mixed with mint leaves and slices of apple which were shaken together so the apple and mint taste mixed with the tea, created a different kind of flavor to our tongue.

One important thing, If you consider to come with your children, then I suggest you to reconsider cause apparently they do not have separate areas for smoking and non-smoking. So, It is very possible that a smoker sits in the next table of an infant. Maybe they should do something about it cause it's bothered me so much.

Anyways, aside from they lack of service quality and smokey room, I do recommend the meal and the atmosphere, it was great...I felt as if I just came back from a vacation in the beach.

Note:
Prawns with mayonnaise is worth IDR 78k
Grilled ikan sebelah with Jimbaran sauce is worth IDR 79k
By the Beach iced tea is worth IDR 23k

Mango mint iced tea is worth IDR 23k
Rice is worth IDR 9k/portion

Come and try this new restaurant:
EX 2nd Floor
Jakarta
(Located at ex Fashion Bar)


Happy eating sailor...

Cheers,
MissCandyBar
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment