Saturday, June 12, 2010

A New Phase

Wow, It’s been a while since my last entry. I’ve been very busy at work and I’ve been trying so hard to control my shopping spree. Well, it’s June already which means that my bet period is over and I’m proud to say “I won the bet”.

I realized that my bet period was a very effective therapy for me as a shopaholic. Therefore, I wanna share my experience with you and maybe it could help you too.

I learned a few things from this simple bet with my friends. I AM a shopaholic, that’s the most obvious one. However, despite all those urgency and temptation to shop, I realized that I can control my self and say NO when any temptation occurs. After all, we are the master of our own mind right? It’s only the matter of being in control. It was very hard for me, obviously, but I could still go to malls, to bazaar, or anywhere and I could survive it. I come and go without buying anything.

It’s like dealing with your problems in life, you shouldn’t run away from it but you need to face it and find a way to overcome the problem. Am I right? So, in this case, it’s actually similar, never avoid the places where could give you the temptation to shop, you should just come to those places as usual and face the temptation, then you would find a way to handle those urgency to shop. In my case, I usually set a target or goal in mind. For example; “I will not shop because I wanna win the bet” or “I will not shop because I wanna safe my money and have a huge saving account”. I simply remember my target/goal/vision every time those temptations occurs and it works.

Even though the bet period is over, I still wanna suppress my urgency to shop, so I set a shopping budget and made a promise “I will only gonna shop once a month and the cost has to be within my budget” and hopefully I will not be a shopaholic anymore, wish me luck people!


Happy saving shopaholic….

Cheers,
MissCandyBar
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment